Friday, January 30, 2009

PASTA PURSES!


I haven't mentioned it yet but i am a HUGE Disney fan. Borderline OBSESSED. So this past fall they decided to close the much loved PLEASURE ISLAND-if you aren't familiar-Pleasure Island was this awesome downtown area with shops, clubs, restaurants, and bars. It is basically one of the only places in Disneyworld for adults to unwind after a long day at the parks. ALSO, my favorite restaurant in the entire world was closed down, Portobello Yacht Club. I have so many memories of visiting this restaurant with my family and friends. There were so many dishes that I loved but my all time favorite had to be these little bundles of joy my friends and I called Pasta Purses. They are a spin off on fiocchi. Fiochhi is cheese and pear fulled pasta purses. I've always wanted to make these delicious little things but wanted to try something instead of the usual pear and cheese fulling. I decided to full it with a mixture mostly made of chicken and ricotto cheese. The mixture was easy to make but creating the 'purses' was definately not! I used dumpling wrappers because they are cheap and easy to work with. In the next couple days, I will be posting a video on how to full and create the pasta purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment