Friday, January 30, 2009

FONDANT!!!


Sooo I've been DYING to make a cake using FONDANT..well today I did. Although I've been sick battling a really nasty stomach bug, I just couldn't help myself. I first made two thin 9" round cakes. I layered them with a pretty lavender colored icing in between. I put more icing on top before it was time to put the fondant on it. I was extremely nervous after I rolled it thin and actually had to put it on the cake. But i was surprised with how well I did! The top is SMOOTH! exceptionally smooth for a beginner like me. I sprayed it with food coloring (i got food coloring that comes in basically a hairspray bottle- it is the coolest stuff ever). Then i made pretty little flowers of all different sized with the rest of the fondant. Some I left white, while other i painted with red food color or spray with the pink hairspray fondant. It's definately not perfect but I think it's a great start to a hopefully long relationship I have with fondant! I took the picture with my blackberry cause I wanted to post it as quick as possible because I am so excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment